Monday, June 24, 2013

I just landed in London and let's just say I'm happy to have a few hours just to do nothing. My first stop was Chicago and I was literally running through the airport going from Terminal 3 to 5. And then the little shuttle was late but I made it!




And that's what counts. The flight from Chicago to London was spectacular compared to the one on American Airlines from Portland to Chicago. There was much more leg room and even better- I had an empty seat next to me! In addition they gave us dinner and breakfast so that definitely made British Airlines #1 (free food for a broke college student!). And they had movies! I watched Django Unchained- well like 60% of it- but that counts because you round up!
I sat next to a lovely old woman. Unfortunately she drank a little too much wine last night and didn't eat any food.... So lets just say this morning was awful. The whole place reeked if you catch my drift.

I concluded though that I want to travel to Ireland too. We flew over it and it's astonishing.



 I also have a new fascination with clouds- they are so neat!



After safely navigating through the London airport and I am now sitting in the 'Lounge' (aka: a bunch of seats for weary travelers). I haven't found anyone from my school so far because this place is HUGE. And the wi-fi is absolutely terrible. They let you use it for 45 minutes and that's it. Which isn't even one episode of Gossip Girl so I'm seriously struggling...

So mom, dad, and Charlie- I would call and text but I can't because of the wi-fi. But know that I love you guys very much and I am 100% alive!

To everyone else who is reading- I hope you all catch the 'traveling bug' because it's contagious!

xoxo
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment